Friday 29 January 2016

Wood Filament

Its been a few busy weeks again, but one post that I have been meaning to do is to update you on how I have been getting on with the wood filament that I got for Christmas.

This was the filament that I got:


I have to say I have been really impressed with this filament, When printing it does smell of wood, and once printed it is easier to carve with a knife than normal PLA (It is after all PLA with wood fibre). The first print came out really bad, but then I just printed it with the same settings as for the White PLA I have, which was 195'C extrusion temp, no heated bed.

Its interesting stuff, It is very easy to sand afterwards (I have found that the white PLA wasn't great to sand or file). This really does work like wood in some respects.
So the first print was a simple box.




No comments:

Post a Comment