Saturday 30 January 2016

Printing models - Wood Filament 2


So I have also been looking at N -gauge models, as My Father in law has an N-gauge track and my son is also train mad.. So I got to thinking could I print out a good quality 3D model house for N- Gauge? 

I chose the wood filament for this, as previous prints showed that I could get a good print, with good surface finish that could then be sanded and finished as required.

Here are my results:


This was straight after the print had finished, I then managed to peel off the print from the print bed.. Interesting that in order to remove a print in wood filament from the print bed I have to heat the bed after printing has finished to 30 degrees, and this helps to release the print. The wood filament stick really well to the Masking tape... I might be tempted to try this print again just on Kapton!.



Here is the print again after cleaning it up.. To clean up I get a scalpel to it and then a bit of sand paper to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment