Friday 19 February 2016

N gauge 3D signal box building


It has taken a bit of time since the last print, due to work, but following on from my first print I have now had much better success.. It turns out that the wall thickness was too thin, The wall thickness was 1mm, and now having made it 2mm it is now printing out well. At the same time I tweaked the support material to make the support material easier to remove..





The one issue I have found has been cleaning around the windows and  finally I need to work out why on the 3d model the windows all show correctly the individual panes of glass, but on the print some of the panes are missing, and in the slicing software it shows the panes being missing..

More work required to perfect this one!

But Thanks for those on Reprap forums for suggesting the thickening of the walls could be one of the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment